Concealed Weapon - Active Military and Veterans

As an active military member or a veteran, there are benefits available to you.

When applying for a concealed weapon license, Florida law requires proof of competency with a firearm.

In lieu of proof of completion of a firearms safety or training course, active-duty military personnel may submit copies of any of the following documents:
  • Common Access Card or other form of official military identification
  • Military orders including call to active-duty letter
  • A statement of military service signed by, or at the direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters which identifies you and provides your date of entry for your current active-duty period

Note: Former military personnel can submit a DD-214 long form reflecting honorable discharge from military service.

Concealed Weapon - Active Military and Veterans
License Renewal online
If your Concealed Weapon or Firearm license has been expired for more than 180 days, you will be required to complete the Initial Application and pay Initial Application fees.

Once reviewed and approved, individuals will receive their license at the end of their transaction.

Address Changes
You can change the address on your concealed weapon license when renewing through the Lee County Tax Collector’s office. Alternatively, you can update your address through the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Translate »
accessibility widget